Tuesday, June 23, 2015

korean Late night meals (야식): your best friend at that busy nights

When you are in Korea or maybe watching Korean drama or movies you probably might have noticed that Korean people enjoyed eating light to heavy meal as their midnight snacks which they call as 야식 (Yasik). Students and employees alike enjoyed these meals because it not only make them awake so they can finish their goals (reviewing for exam if you are a student) but also eating together promote a sense of togetherness and camaraderie.

야식 depends on your preference but it usually includes chicken, jjajangmyeon (black soy bean paste noodles), jjamppong (spicy seafood noodles), jokbal (pork's feet), ramyeon among others.

Below are some of my most favorite midnight snack in Korea. Ice cream in bread, chocolate, chicken, pizza, steamed sweet potato (고구마), of course citrus and tropical fruits are my most beloved late night meals. These meals simply speaking are my comfort foods if I am stress or my best friends when I need to finish papers or review for example.

If you visit Korea you shouldn't missed the chance to try some of them yourself. It will be a great opportunity to try something you might never have think off, enjoy Korea's cuisine even at late night.

Ramyeon
croquettes
Dinner out with my professors in Busan
Dinner out with my professors in Busan
Jokpal (Pork's feet)
Photo from google

Steamed Sweet potato (고구마)
Photo from google

Sweet Potato I cooked myself
Mr. Pizza Seafood Pizza
Photo from google
Jjajangmyeon (black bean paste noodles)
Sweet and spicy pork (탕수육)
Jjampong (spicy seafood noodles)


No comments:

Post a Comment